Learn how to configure and subscribe to notifications in Squidex
Squidex provides a notification service that is power by Notifo. Notifo is an open source general purpose notification framework initally developed for Squidex to be able to subscribe to changes and get notified.
- One can get notified when there is a change in a content item
- Changes made to the schema
- Changes to contributors such as adding contributors or changing their roles.
- Notifications can also be triggered by rules.
- Notifications are also triggered by mentions in the comment. e.g. if you add "@user" to a comment
- Notifications can be through email or (web) push notifications.
- Person subscribing to a change won't see any notifications if the changes are made by him/her. A notification is created only if the change is done by someone else.
The notification icon is on the top menu bar next to the user icon. Clicking on this shows Notifications, Archive (archived notifications) and the notification Profile.
Follow the below instructions to subscribe to changes. For this example we have considered subscribing to changes in Settings > Contributors.
- 1.Navigate to Settings (1) and then Contributors (2) for your app.Contributor settings for the app
- 2.Next, you subscribe to the changes. To do so click on the bell icon (3) and then toggle the notification mediums of choice (4), one can be notified by Email and/or Push Notifications. Click Save (5).Subscribing to notifications
- 3.At this point a new contributor can be added or invited. To test the notifications you can add a contributor. To do so enter the name or email (1) address of the contributor (a drop down appears making it easy to select an existing user or enter email address if its a new user), select the role for example Editor (2) and click Add Contributor (3). NOTE: Subscriber will receive notification only if the change is done by another user.Adding a contributor
- 4.Whenever a new contributor is added, the subscribed user will be notified on the chosen notification methods (as this time only Web Push Notifications work). Below is an example of a (web) Push Notification.
To set the notification profile, click the notification icon (1) on the top bar and then select the Profile tab (2). You can set your notification preferences, notification email, timezone among other settings.
Setting notification profile