Webhooks are endpoints where Squidex will send events for a given schema to:
- Created: The content item has been created.
- Published: The content item has been updated.
- Unpublished: The content item has been unpublished.
- Updated: The content item has been saved.
- Deleted: The content item has been deleted.
The secret is used to sign the requests for security reasons. Each request will contain a
X-Signature header which is calculated the following way:
Sha256(RequestBody + Secret)
You can calculate the signature when you receive an event to check if the request has been sent by Squidex. Do not share the secret.
Squidex will make several attempts to send an event:
- After a few seconds.
- After 5 minutes
- After 1 hour.
- After 6 hours.
- After 12 hours.
An request will be treated as failed if the response does not return a 2XX status code or when it times out after 2 seconds. Consider internal queues for slow operations.
Events expire after 2 days and will be deleted automatically.