Getting started with Postman
This is a short tutorial how to make the first requests with postman.
1. Create an App
The first step is to create an application. Choose a name of your choice.
2. Create a Schema
Next create a schema. In this example we added a single field.
3. Add Content
4. Create a Client
Create a client for each application. Choose a name.
We have implemented the OpenID client credentials flow: https://docs.axway.com/u/documentation/api_gateway/7.5.3/webhelp_portal_oauth/Content/OAuthGuideTopics/oauth_flows_client_credentials.htm to make requests.
You have to make a request to get an authentication token. This token is valid for 30 days:
$ curl -X POST 'http://localhost:5000/identity-server/connect/token/' -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' -d 'grant_type=client_credentials& client_id=[APP_NAME]:[CLIENT_ID]& client_secret=[CLIENT_SECRET]& scope=squidex-api'
For now we just use the 'Create Token' button to get the access token.
5. Download Swagger Specification
6. Make the request with Postman
- Open Postman
- Import the Swagger specification (just ignore the errors).
- Open the collection for your app and use the Query-request.
- Just delete the query strings for now.
- Add an authorization header and copy the access token from Step4.